Friday, August 19, 2016

I love the new Microsoft!

I have always been a Java person ... until now. With the new cross platform open source CLR (.Net) platform from Microsoft, I am doing exciting new work in C#!

I also love the Linux subsystem on Windows 10 - which I installed today. I was able to build my Lua derived scripting language Ravi using Linux tools right within Windows. I did not enable LLVM but that is next on my list to try. If this really works, then I can decommission my Linux Virtual Machine.

I also love that Microsoft's made the Visual Studio Community edition free - and this is the full version and not a cut-down version. And the new Visual Studio Code editor is great - checkout my Lua/Ravi 5.3 debugger extension for it!

All in all - great stuff, Microsoft!  

No comments: